Thursday, September 4, 2008

more rambling...

So I've been gathering links & blogs of some of my very favorite artists to put on my website. (I think I'm the only one who has a website & no links on it!!) As I'm looking them over I just fell in love again with Teesha Moore's (www.teeshamoore.com) work! I truly envy her ability to be so creative. I use to be incredibly creative as a child.... I would take all kinds of hidden treasures found around my grandparents home and make assemblage pieces and dioramas from them. Something happened along the way of adolescents and then adulthood where I'm now totally married to reference materials in order to create art....ugh. I cling...I don't risk & explore any more. I'm getting better (at least that's what I tell myself!), but it's still hard to let go...too much of a perfectionist? Too loud of an inner critic? All that gibber gabber inside my head that says it has to be perfect otherwise I'm a phony...I have nothing worth saying...other artists are sooooo much better than me....so much more creative...blah, blah, blah! I think I'm just afraid of making bad art...that's it in a nutshell! I think the remedy for me is the old Nike motto...just do it! I think a few (or in my case, maybe a lot!) of really bad pieces may lead to something extraordinary...well, at least something more free! And then my chains of bondage (photos) may disappear and I can create pieces of work that lifted me up during the whole process of creating. Wow....I'm just imagining the feeling of being free now.........mmmmmm!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails