Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Please excuse the horrible photo of this drawing...never take photographs in the middle of the day, the sun is too harsh. Mornings or late afternoons are the best times for shooting.

Anyway, I started this drawing a while ago and wanted to finish it for my show in June. After having it safely stowed away and now seeing it again with fresh eyes, I see lots of issues I'll have to work on. First of all I will have to finish drawing the sand, but most importantly there are just too many things going on all competing for my attention. My eye doesn't know what to look at first. Somehow I have to integrate all these separate elements. I was thinking a nice S curve should do the trick, starting with the dog, going to the graffiti artist and then up with some color and out the top. I'll mute the palm trees on the right side so they are not at odds with the ones on the left. Yikes..the more I look at this drawing the more things I see that need fixing!! I'm thinking I may just chop off the right side of this drawing and solve a lot of my issues with it...besides I never did like the dog I drew in there to begin with (and less sand to draw!)! I'll decide tonight which way this goes and share it with you tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails