Friday, February 3, 2012

"Keep your love of nature, for that is the true way to understand art more and more."  
~Vincent Van Gogh~
 
this is the start of my Clouds Over Kenya drawing. it's coming along pretty fast considering i barely squeezed any drawing time in last week. 
 
Sammy...he never fails to jump up on my drawing board and sit for awhile. i just consider it my "coffee break!" and by coffee break i really mean red wine and dark chocolate with sea salt break!
 and this silly thing is our foster kitty Diamond, who likes to lay underneath my drawing  board, partially on my lap. 

this sunday i'm hoping to get out to the LA arboretum to get some great photos for a fourth drawing!  hope you have a wonderfully creative weekend too!!

4 comments:

patty said...

Love, love, love that quote..... oh, and I love your "coffee break" too! Can't wait to see the Clouds Over Kenya develop!!

Katherine Kean said...

It all looks good. It's so funny the places that animals choose to nap!

Jennifer Richardson said...

loving that quote.
and your photos....esp
the skies over Kenya.
Your process inspires me.
-Jennifer

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet Kathryn, i adore that quote too! Your photo of that sky is just beautiful! Have a lovely merry happy Valentine's week and love to you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails