Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Changing times


My life has these crazy highs & lows right now. The highs are how proud I am of our country, electing Obama to lead us for the next 4 years...it is truly historic! Not only that, but the voter turn out...people caring more than ever! I'm so excited to be apart of it! I'm also beyond ecstasy that Californians voted overwhelmingly YES on Prop 2! The way animals are treated is so important to me, and even more important to the animals suffering every day in factory farms. I have been a vegetarian for over 18 years now, my 15 year old daughter 3 years and I'm just converting my youngest...and we ALWAYS buy range free eggs (when we actually do buy them). So, way to go America!!

I'm also thrilled to say that I actually worked on my artist trading cards the other night and I'm sooooooo delighted with them...I'll try & post some pics of them next week. I love these cards for a few reasons...first of all, they are not intimidating to do and secondly, I love that I don't know how they are going to turn out...it's such a feeling of freedom! I know that sounds crazy, but you're dealing with a realist here who plans out meticulously how each of my drawings are going to look...there's no surprises there...once I plan them, there's no great revelations involved in executing them.

Now on a very, very sad and heavy-hearted note, my mom is dying of lung cancer. I'll be flying back home soon to see her again...hopefully not for the last time, but most likely (I absolutely hate to say). This mom of mine is one tough cookie! in the last 6 years she has suffered one physical ailment after another...breast cancer, heart attack, broken leg, broken shoulder, etc...and NEVER complaints!! My family has a great sense of humor and that's how we all seem to deal with terrible circumstances in our lives....but this great lady even goes beyond that, if possible. Any way, can't write about it any more as I am losing it here. Deeeeep breathe!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails