Monday, January 26, 2009

Mondays meandering

A new graffiti piece...no title yet

I was just over reading Cindy's blog on Mixed Grill Favorites (http://www.lantier.org/), she was writing about The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women: A Portable Mentor by Gail McMeekin. I read that book many years ago...but feeling like I should pick it up again. Cindy spoke about her fears of creating which I could totally relate to, especially as I move into ATC and now larger collages this past weekend. My judge looooves to come out and tell me my work is boring and lacks originality!! I give him voice so I don't swallow his criticisms and give myself stomach aches & anxiety. I try my best to push through it, knowing that all these small pieces I'm doing now are to gain my confidence with design & imagination. It's all a process and a lot of baby steps of trying to move forward to what I really see myself doing...combining my two loves~ drawing & altered/assembled pieces. I know I'm giving myself a break as much as possible while entering the unknown, so I can come out the other end a more creative, innovative artist. It really is a journey!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails