Friday, May 15, 2009

Accomplished!!! But I may need to sit with it awhile. When I feel like a piece is finished I will "sit with it" for a few days, put it away and then pull it back out and look at it with fresh eyes, then I'll truly know if I am totally satisfied with it..

Progressing on this piece

I was reading Christine Millers wonderful article featured on Wishstudio when the ending of her article just totally grabbed my attention. "Sometimes getting lost is simply a hurdle I need to overcome, and sometimes it is the only way for me to discover a more meaningful path, a path that might be entirely different from the one on which I began....Getting lost doesn’t mean I’ve failed, or that I won’t find my way back home, it simply means I need to re-orient myself, and these journeys become chapters in the story of my life, the story that will go with me when I pass from this existence to the next. Maybe in that moment when I move from here to there, I will see more clearly than ever that I never was, in fact, lost, but exactly where I needed to be every step of the way." Trying to figure out why that is so meaningful to me. I guess it's because I felt like I was happily living life and then !BOOM!...my boyfriend left and took with him our life and our future together and I felt very lost. As I gain footing and make new goals and plans for my life without him, there's still this element of wondering if I'm on the right path. But really, it is just another fork in the road (another chapter)...there is no right or wrong way as long as I am true to myself and living life to it's fullest.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails