Wednesday, April 21, 2010

venturing

I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed.

Booker T Washington


i don't know about you, but let me tell you, i have been soooooo busy these past few weeks! and the time is flying by! i only got to go on one photohike but because i took some of the advice in the digital photography book by scott kelby my photos came out so much sharper! i was already working on background, lighting and adjusting my camera settings, so i think the synergy of all these elements is helping me achieve greater results with my photos.

i also started a super class at the community college on how to create a successful business plan. it's been very informative so far and it's nice not to try to achieve this huge undertaking alone. after that i am signed up for two accounting classes in may and june. and beginning may 30th i'm starting kelly rae's brand spankin' new e-course called flying lessons: tips and tricks to help your creative business soar. wow...it's a lot, i admit it! and on top of everything else going on in my life. but i am so totally serious about making my art a successful business now that i am pushing myself hard. but...i am feeling so empowered by it and for whatever reason i can feel it in my gut that this time around it's gonna work out for me! i mean it!! really!!

4 comments:

Katherine Kean said...

Your photos are beautiful!

I so know what you mean about the time flying by. You sound like you have a lot going on.

Lori said...

You are working so hard- reading this post is inspiring to me- I want the same things and have been pushing myself too. Super great photos!

Kathryn Hansen said...

translation from PorshaCoghlan: A cheerful heart is good medicine for health, a broken spirit makes marrow dry.

Lori said...

I just wanted to tell you again how much I love the drawing of the horses that you did. It is framed beautifully and is hanging in my dining room in the main area of our house. We don't have an eat in kitchen so we are always in the dining room. Your skill is amazing- it blows me away. And the connection between the horses is something I feel every time I look at it. I really just treasure it so much. Hope you have a great weekend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails