Tuesday, December 7, 2010

yeah...i'm bad!

with my show and all, i am like seriously behind in my reverb commitment. i'm going to attempt to catch up now, if i can!
Dec 4th Prompt: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

yikes...this is a hard one! i am going to say that taking photos this past year has definitely opened my eyes way more to all the wonder, beauty, awe and amazing sights around me, causing me to be way more conscious. there is so much wonder in this world that i think to myself...wow..the universe is so spectacular, it's so miraculous.


Dec 5th Prompt: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

i think the biggest thing i let go of, just of late was letting go of the dream i'd been holding onto, yearning and longing for, for over 20 years...being a full time, financially successful artist. it's sorta funny, once i quit pushing for it so hard, all these sales just magically fell into my lap!
i've also let go of the need to have my art be perfect. when i really dug deep and was brutally honest with myself, i saw why i needed it so much but now it feels like i no longer have to prove to myself that i am  really, truly a good artist.
Dec 6th Prompt: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

lately i've been working on creating these small collage pieces. i've been hand sewing flowers on them and altho i try not to analyze it too much, it occurred to me that it's so much about blossoming with grace.and these small pieces have made me want to go bigger, using my own photos of people. so have been giving this tremendous thought, about the people i would like to photograph for these larger mixed media creations. (totally excited about this idea!!) plus i've started this series of tree drawings, that are very different for me...using a way more textured surface to draw on.lots of irons in the fire...just need more time for creating...as always!!
 Dec 7th Prompt: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

I am so fortunate and blessed that in the last year and a half i have made so many new artist friends and built this extraordinary community of support in person, on facebook, my blog, and thru a few e-courses. i just added a whole bunch of new artists friends after this past weekend and hope to just deepen some of those friendships and continue to add more in 2011!!

1 comment:

The Creative Beast said...

WOW!! 2010 seems to have been a great year in many ways for you Kat =-)

Isn't it funny that when we give up a dream, opportunities will come along?!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails