Tuesday, July 5, 2016

But these are days...

...we dream about, when the sunlight paints us gold. 

~Bright Eyes-The Difference in the Shades~


I took a really good and fun pastel workshop with Barbara Jaenicke at Dillman's Bay Resort in Northern Wisconsin with my sister and dearest girlfriend. Despite the lack of pastels absolutely needed for the class, which caused me a lot of frustration, I just really learned soo much!! For now I am not going to pursue pastel landscape painting but I can apply a lot of what I learned to my colored pencil drawings. And maybe down the road I can dive deeper into pastels when I have more time. But the workshop wasn't the only aspect of this trip I was looking forward to, Dillman's was just SO beautiful and the owners super nice and accommodating...a really old fashion enjoyable place!! I was also there to be with my family and friends as well. A super memorable vacation that included all my favorite things. I will definitely go back again!!

3 comments:

Katherine Kean said...

Your photos are gorgeous. Sounds like a fabulous trip. I've heard of Dillman's before, I think. Do you know if they are the location for other artist workshops?

Lissa Rachelle said...

Incredible photos Kathryn! It looks like such a beautiful spot! Glad you had such a lovely time ☺

Heather said...

Kathryn, I remember when you were planning this trip about a year ago---how time flies! Looks like it turned out as great as you had hoped! I like the duck with the fuzzy head, sitting on the dock :-)
~~Heather

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails