Tuesday, March 17, 2009

luck




I took this photo last weekend on my trek up the mountain with my pup Josie. Over the weekend I started seeing clover just popping out everywhere, which prompted me to examine my thoughts around luck. I don't believe that luck is random, unpredictable or happenstance. I think "lucky" people create their own good fortune by looking at their choices, thoughts, attitudes and beliefs, seeing opportunities and working on their expectations around them. I view luck like I do miracles...something that supersedes our expectations. I believe it's all a process after we've created a resonance that attracts those energies like a magnet.

Here are some of my favorite quotes on luck:


I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson


Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose. Ralph Waldo Emerson


Luck to me is something else: Hard work -- and realizing what is opportunity and what isn't. Lucille Ball






1 comment:

Cindy Jones Lantier said...

I've been thinking a lot about luck lately, too, and I think I agree totally with you. We make our own, usually by working on our attitudes and expectations. I really like your line "I believe it's all a process after we've created a resonance that attracts those energies like a magnet." It's all about deliberate creation and the Law of Attraction.

After reading over your blog, I would love to be neighbors with you, but sadly, I do not think we will be. We are moving to Silver Lakes, CA (with an S), between Victorville and Fort Irwin -- not really in the LA area. I found out when looking for our house that there is also a Silver Lake (without an S).

Hope I'm wrong -- I'd love to be neighbors with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails