Friday, October 23, 2009

family home

this ruddy brick tri-level is the home i spent my childhood years in and was in my family's possession for 45 years! my bedroom was in the back overlooking a good size hill (perfect for sledding) along with a substantial and bountiful garden. i can almost taste those raspberries now...mmm! our family home finally sold a few months ago.

i just received this photo today from my brother and it's makes me kinda sad looking at it, knowing the anniversary of my mom's passing is almost here. how could close to a year fly by that fast? memories are flooding back as a year ago, right after halloween i got the frantic call from my sister pleading me to rush home, the doctor has only given my mom 1 day to live. my mom hung in there for a month, so we all had the opportunity to spend an abundance of time with her and each other. we laughed, we cried, we hugged, we watched old home movies and we remembered!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails