Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Psyching myself out


Created by: Suzanne Schaefer


It's kinda funny what we do to ourselves as artists...or as people I guess when trying sometime new for the first time. Because I can be a perfectionist, I tend to stop before I even begin. I've been so excited about these Artists Trading Cards and wanting so much to carve out some time at home to work on them. Well yesterday I got some free time as both my daughters were out of the house doing their own thing. Earlier at work, I went searching for other artists & their cards...well...there are some awesome artists (I'll list them below) out there doing creative ATC's. So, got to work on my own cards last night, totally inspired by all I had seen on the internet that day and at first my inner critic came in so strongly... telling me to stick to my drawings. I gave it some voice time & then decided to just relax & have fun...which I really did...but that little naggy voice still plagued the back of my mind.

Before I woke up this morning, I was dreaming of failing at chemistry class...altho I was clearly working on some electronic project! At 47 I don't think I should be dreaming of high school again!!! I think some of this has to do with the ATC's and a new book I just purchased as well: I Thought It Was Just Me (but it isn't): Telling the Truth About Perfectionism, Inadequacy, and Power by Brené Brown. I'm not too far into this book as my only reading time is right before bed...but so far she is explaining about how shame has permeated our lives as women. I did relate to one woman's story, so I've been pondering the effects of shame in my life for the past few days. I tell you, my mind never shuts off...that's why the Abraham-hicks work has been such a god send to me!!


Okay...on to some of those incredible artist's I've been tell you about!!

Yesterday I purchased my first ATC card (very exciting)(see it above)from Suzanne Schaefer at: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6097536

Other artists I found on flicker: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mypaperballet/sets/72157604037065020/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/thekathrynwheel/

And of course Bernie Berlins cards...love them!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails