Tuesday, February 9, 2010

a wise choice

You should be so excited about sharing your art with the world that you can’t wait to get out of bed! ~Alyson Stanfield

with my show looming closer my emotions are vacillating between fears (of both failure and success) and of huge excitement. i was scribbling away in my journal last night about my fears but kept getting more and more exhausted as i went along, so i stopped and thought...hmmm... this isn't working! what should i do now? so i extracted the book 12 secrets of highly creative women from my bookshelf and promptly turned to the section with shakti gawain. she said, in writing her book creative visualization, that she was struck by the power of her sense of responsibility to others. just then i had a flashback of an abraham-hicks cd i had listened to years ago where an artist was asking how she could attract more people to buy her art. abraham replied the same way alyson stanfield did in a recent post..."instead of worrying about selling, get excited about sharing your art."

so i am


in fact that thought so resonated with me that i even purchased some small pinback buttons with images of my art to give away to anyone who wants one at the show.

so now i'm getting really, really jazzed and my fears, for now, are lying low!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fear: False-Evidence-Appearing-Real. I'm glad you are choosing to share your wonderful work with the world.

Lori said...

I love this post! It is so true. I love how you wrote "so I am" cool. A very very good reminder for me. Thanks for sharing. (I love Shakti Gawain and have a couple of CDs by her that I think I will re-listen to. Have a great weekend :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails