Friday, June 10, 2011

reflecting

 i am one who always sits quietly and reflects on the meaning of my experiences...so i've been thinking a lot about the art show last weekend. and i realized just how much i have grown and changed over the last few years. normally not doing as well financially as i had hoped would have set me into self-pity for awhile, wanting to throw in the towel, but this time i noticed that instead i thought about all the things i had learned, new ways to improve my booth and enthusiastic for what i want to accomplish in the near future with my photos and drawings. more than ever, i am really sure of my direction with my art and life. and i love that through metaphysics i have learned to be way more aware and mindful, looking for deeper truths, which in turn makes me feel soooo much happier than ever before. and when my happiness lifts me like that, it opens up my life to way more possibilities and opportunities. all very exciting!

3 comments:

The Creative Beast said...

This is an inspiring post Kathryn! I'm so happy for you =-)

Thank you for sharing how you have found ways to observe your life and not allow parts of it to drag you down, but to find ways to learn from each experience and moment. I can't wait to see how things continue to unfold!

patty said...

Kathryn, I can relate to everything you are saying - have been in that situation many times.... sometimes I have been more successful than others with spinning things positively.... glad you are on the right path!!!

Kat McNally said...

Beautifully said!
Thank you for stopping by my blog. It's a treat to meet another Kat, and an artsy one at that.
I love your photos and artwork and words, and I look forward to sharing more of the journey.
Kat x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails