Thursday, May 24, 2012

in·san·i·ty    [in-san-i-tee]


noun, plural in·san·i·ties.
1.the condition of being insane; a derangement of the mind. dementia, lunacy, madness, craziness, mania, aberration. 
i've been at it awhile, sketching in the details for this new drawing. if you were able to climb inside my head you would be hearing this exchange:
voice: are you insane?  
me: i know, i know...but!
voice: trying to draw all these vines is impossible...what were you thinking? stop! do something easier!!
me: i know, i know, but look how well "out of the burrow" turned out! i felt the exact same way at the beginning of that piece too!
voice: this one is even more complicated...you'll never be able to pull off all those vines!
me: maybe i should tackle something else?

and this conversation goes on and on...trust me on that one!
 
Out of the Burrow
yet something is compelling me forward

i just love the way the sparkling light hits the vines by the tree line! and the start of the path...i really like that a lot! plus that fabulous S curve in the design that my college professor always encouraged us to incorporate. then there's the challenge of it...if i can pull this off i will feel very accomplished!
this may be my new mantra every time that voice starts in on me!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh!
your courage shines
through every jot and line.
it's joy to watch
your beauty unfold.
thank you for all of this,
Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails