Monday, November 26, 2012

upcoming show

the 10th annual holiday small works show is happening from december 1st through the 29th at the segil fine art gallery in monrovia, california. i SO hope you can join me at the reception this coming saturday from 5-7pm. see details here! 
this is one of two graphite drawings juried into the show. the photos i shot for this drawing were taken at deukmejian park, a skip and a jump from my home. over the long holiday, my dog josie and i went back there for another challenging hike. we took the trail to the left that curves down into a beautiful ravine where josie loves to wade in the narrow winding stream. then climbs high into the sand colored mountain range overlooking the foothills, just north of los angeles.
i'm very blessed to be able to live in such a beautiful place with so many gorgeous areas to hike and a dog that even at 9 can out hike me!!

4 comments:

patty said...

Yea for the show! We are having a small image show at our gallery too in December - hoping to get a few pieces in. I'm not surprised yours are in. So stunning!

What a great place to hike with your pooch - it looks fabulous. I hate that we can't take them in any of the state parks, but fortunately there are other areas out there!

Katherine Kean said...

Congratulations Kathryn! It's a beautiful gallery and your work will look amazing there.

The Creative Beast said...

The drawing you submitted is just beautiful and I'm sure it will sell quickly!

I might be able to stop by for the evening reception, otherwise I'll check out the gallery another day - it looks like a lovely gallery!

Jennifer Richardson said...

i hope your work finds a cozy home
under many a Christmas tree:)
i like that my pups
can still outhike me too
(though i wish it weren't so easy
to do nowadays)
happy sales,
Jennifer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails