Monday, September 15, 2008

Creating

Ever since I wrote about creativity a few weeks ago, I have been so inspired! I read over Teesha Moores web page on how to create journal pages and started looking thru magazines...riping out pages...cutting....imaging!! I just haven't gotten to actually buying the right watercolor paper to put it all together yet, but in the mean time, my mind is soaring with ideas. Sometimes I think you just have to set an intention and then inspiration happens! My issue now is focusing and sticking to a few ideas...so this weekend I made a plan and set goals. If I write out my goals...especially weekly ones, I achieve about 90% of it. Right now I have two areas I'm working on...the art work I want to get into a gallery with & the work I want to go to art & craft shows with/sell on Etsy/ sell on my website.

I've been reading Alan Cohen's book, The Dragon Doesn't Live Here Anymore. It's been most uplifting as I am pondering about my life and why things are not always going my way...specifically the selling of my work. It's been a struggle for me, that's why I constantly question if I'm going in the right direction. I've always read & heard that if you do what you love to do, the money will come. Maybe I'm standing in my own way with all my doubts & confusion...I don't know. But I'm working on changing my thinking with this book & Abraham-Hicks teachings...consciously catching any negative yammering in my head, looking for things to appreciate, dreaming, etc!

But, I am always hopeful...that's for sure...I rarely get down and if I do it doesn't last too long. Life is too busy to be down for long...and there's just too much art needing to be created!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails