Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Printers


I'm headed off to the printers tonight. I found this wonderful printing place, just by accident (wink) through an ad on Craig's list inviting people to an artist reception that Friday. I've had countless issues with trying to work with printers...Rudy at Paper Lion in Arcadia, CA is now the 4th printer I've tried working with...and he's GREAT! He actually answers his phone, he's there at his shop, he has an artistic eye and works with making each print come out beautifully.

I'm just finding myself a bit anxious about getting prints made and I don't know why! It's taking a monetary risk, not knowing what will sell I guess. But mostly I think it's not knowing if artistically I'm going in the right direction and investing even more money in it...it's a bit daunting. But I have a show coming up in October...the Wiggle Waggle fund raiser for the Pasadena Humane Society & I want some middle range items for sale. I guess I just have to buck up, say it's only money, and dream the outcome...that my prints will fly off the table. That's what athletes do...imagine the outcome of the race/game...right!!

I wonder if every artist goes through this quandary?!! I can't be alone here!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails