Wednesday, September 30, 2009

full speed ahead!

making head way on scout.

because he is a small, but very important part of the over all drawing, (not my typical close up) i've been using my new mechanical pencil (with 2B lead) to capture all of the fine details of his coat. i noticed that where i used my 4B staedtler pencil it turned out really dark...very interesting...at least to me!! It doesn't come off that dark in person, but makes this photo look odd in places. i'll have to look at the original more closely tonight.

i'm happy to announce that joseph made it as one of the showcase winners over at artslant!! next phase is the jury process. i'm up against 15 other artists for the title, and if i win that level my drawing goes on to compete for top prize of $5000...wow!! wouldn't that be incredible!! cross your fingers!


1 comment:

Lori said...

WOW! I am crossing my fingers for you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails