Monday, April 27, 2009

Productive weekend

Finished three drawings this weekend and started a new small (5x7) graffiti piece. Very productive of me...but really, I was by myself almost all weekend long and with having sciatica right now, what else am I going to do? And I love, love, love drawing...soooo..it's a no brainer!!

I really love my trash can/palm tree drawing and the new one, Just Another Day, below. The reason why I love graffiti so much?...I believe it's the layers and layers of messages and art all entwined together...knowing that it's been touched by so many hands. It's the idea of artistic freedom and expression. And it's the mystery of what it all means. Plus they are just really fun to draw!

I also came up with an idea from this piece above to start incorporating more of my own messages in these pieces...this will make it even more personal to me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails